Monitoring-based commissioning, also referred to as continuous or ongoing commissioning, reduces energy cost and use in buildings. It is the practice of optimizing energy performance through nonstop observation and analysis of large HVAC data sets. In addition to highlighting operational anomalies for immediate correction, monitoring-based commissioning helps ensure the persistence and ROI of previously implemented energy-saving measures. Identifying when and how a mechanical system is not behaving as it should is a process sometimes called fault detection and diagnosis.
Although monitoring-based commissioning can be offered as a stand-alone software solution, we believe the service is most effective when high-caliber data analytics are combined with expert consulting support. The energy engineers at Sieben Energy Associates provide evidence-based insight into HVAC system operation to reveal new energy-saving opportunities. Even buildings that have recently undergone retro-commissioning may benefit from monitoring-based commissioning. Working collaboratively from inception through completion, we guide our client through each stage of the project.
What can you expect from monitoring-based commissioning with Sieben Energy Associates?
- Assessment of baseline energy performance
- A proven, well-designed approach to acquiring large HVAC data sets
- Focus on low-cost, rapid-payback energy-saving opportunities
- Iterative process for testing newly identified opportunities before implementing them
- Monitoring of previously implemented energy-saving measures
- Access to an on-line dashboard providing full transparency for all data analysis
- Regular project meetings to review discoveries and possible solutions
- Thoughtful consideration of ideas and concerns raised by site engineers
- Detailed scopes of work for opportunities selected for implementation
- Client's choice of vendors/contractors to complete project implementation
Why should you choose Sieben Energy Associates to perform monitoring-based commissioning?
- Deep experience with buildings of all types and sizes
- Early practitioner of this service with intimate knowledge of best practices
- Powerful data analytics software and fine-tuned analytical processes
- Collaboration with site engineers and property managers
- Data-driven insight rather than intuition or rules-of-thumb
- Financial metrics based upon client's actual unit cost of energy
- Maintaining comfort of building occupants is a top priority
How can you get started on monitoring-based commissioning from Sieben Energy Associates?
- Contact us to learn more about monitoring-based commissioning and discuss your energy-related needs and goals
- Share with us two years of monthly electricity use and a recent electricity bill
- Schedule a site screening visit so that we can assess project feasibility
- If your facility may qualify for a utility incentive program, talk with us about program steps and requirements, and complete the program application
- If your facility may not qualify for a utility incentive program, talk with us about scope and schedule for a potential custom project